What are the hours of operation?
- Daycare — If your child is attending our full time Daycare program, the hours are Monday through Friday 7:00AM–6:00PM.
- Preschool — If your child is attending our Preschool program in the Twos, Threes, or Fours classes, the hours are from 9:00AM–1:00PM.
- Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten hours are from 8:30AM–1:30PM, or from 7:00AM–6:00PM, depending on which program a family chooses.
- Extended Care is available between the hours of 7:00AM until 6:00PM for our three, four, and five year-olds. Please check with the preschool office for current rates. Our three-year-olds will be in Room 116 in the morning and in Room 100 in the afternoons for Extended Care. Our four and five-year-olds will be upstairs in Room 200.
How early can I drop off my child for Preschool Class, and what happens if I am late for pick-up?
- You may not drop off a child for Preschool before 8:55AM. If you need to leave your child early, we have Extended Care available. Please do not ask your child’s teacher to make an exception, as we must be fair to those parents who use Extended Care on a regular basis.
- If you are late picking up your child, your child’s teacher will take your child to the Extended Care room at 1:05PM and you will be charged accordingly.
Where can I make tuition payments?
- Tuition payments are received at our first floor Preschool Office and our second floor Business Office. There is a black drop-off basket located at the Preschool Office window where you can leave checks written for tuition made out to CCDC.
- Please call 704.341.5358 for detailed information about tuition payments.
Who can handle questions about tuition payments and billing?
- For all billing questions, please call Peggy Moss in the Business Office at 704.341.5358.
Is a hot lunch included in tuition?
- Hot lunch is included only in the Daycare tuition. Hot lunch is available for preschool children, and you must purchase a book of Hot Lunch tickets from your child’s teacher or from the first floor Preschool Office. Please make sure that your child’s teacher is aware that you will be purchasing a hot lunch for your child on the morning sign in sheet.
Where do I purchase Hot Lunch and Milk Tickets?
- Your child’s teacher will have packets of tickets for sale, but not individual tickets. You may purchase either individual tickets or packets of tickets at any time from the first floor Preschool Office.
Where do I turn in my enrollment form?
- Registration forms may be turned in with the enrollment fee to the first floor Preschool Office or the second floor Business Office for children who have already been accepted into the program. Our registrars will be glad to answer any questions regarding enrollment.
Pam Morgan, Infant Toddler Registrar, 704.341.5335
Pat Collins, Preschool Registrar 704.341.5360
When must I turn in my medical forms?
- Medical forms should be turned in with your enrollment packet. If this is not possible, the state requires that we have the medical form within 30 days of your child’s start date. We will not be able to allow your child to come back to the Center after the 30-day period until we have a completed medical form.
Who should I contact for questions or concerns?
- You should always go directly to your child’s teacher if you have any concerns or questions regarding your child or our program.
- If you would like to speak with the coordinator of your child’s age level, please call the Preschool Office and leave your name and number and the name of your child’s teacher. The coordinator will return your call as quickly as possible.
What is the best way to contact my child’s teacher?
- The best way to contact a teacher at the Center is to call the first floor Preschool Office at 704.341.5361 and leave your name, number, a brief message, and the name of your child’s teacher. The office staff will relay your message to the teacher, who will return your call as soon as possible.
How can I become more involved in my child’s education and the CCDC?
Where do I find information during inclement weather days about closings or delays?
- The CCDC will occasionally sponsor special programs for parents. We will send home flyers so that you are aware of these. Events will also be posted in the Parent Information and Calendar of Events sections of our website.
- The weather occasionally disrupts our daily routines. We have several avenues available to check on closings and for further information when the Center is closed. For the most updated information , you may check this website or call the Center directly at either 704.341.5361 or 704.341.5335 for recorded information. Every effort will be made to announce closings on WBTV and WSOC television stations.
Other questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org