Our purpose at Calvary Child Development Center is to serve others Â— the children attending our preschool and daycare, their parents, and our co-workers. Our aim is to encourage teachers and staff to grow spiritually and become role models to others. As we learn to serve others, we will be the ones who truly receive – for it is in giving that we receive.
“In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” Acts 20:35
“I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25:40
The goal of our staff is to promote the spiritual, physical, social, and emotional growth and development of each child in our program. We consider ourselves as partners with parents and families in the rearing of children as we provide many support services. We will strive to help parents understand the need for working in partnership with the daycare program to encourage the highest level of growth and development for their child.
Our teachers and staff are dedicated to helping each child:
- Develop a positive self-image
- Develop language skills to express thoughts and feelings and to increase knowledge
- Develop social skills so that he/she can successfully work and play with other children and adults
- All staff members undergo a reference check and must be fingerprinted before they are hired.
- Lead Teachers at Calvary CDC must have their North Carolina State Credentials; a minimum of two years experience working in the field of early childhood education; and a high school diploma or equivalent experience. The Lead Teacher is responsible for the supervision and management of a classroom in accordance with the goals and curriculum of Calvary Child Development Center.
- Assistant Teachers must have a high school diploma. The Assistant Teacher will help the Lead Teacher in providing a warm and nurturing environment for the children.
- Teachers who have unique gifts and talents in their particular areas staff our specialized classes. We have specialized teachers in Art, Computer/Math Lab, Fun-N-Fitness, Multicultural Class, Music and Movement (Drama), Science, Sonbeam Music, and Spanish.