Calvary Child Development Center Phone Blast System
In order to provide an effective way of communicating with parents in the event of an emergency, Calvary CDC has implemented a "phone blast" system. This phone blast will be used for the following emergencies.
- Early closings because of hurricane, tornado, or storm warnings
- Early closings because of facility problems (including fire, flood, loss of power, etc.)
- School cancellations and delayed openings due to inclement weather
Please note these important issues:
- Early closing information will be sent to all parent phone numbers provided
- The phone system will not call 800, 877, or 888 numbers
- When cell phones are called you may lose message quality/connection, depending on your coverage area
- There is a pause of several seconds after you answer before the message begin to play. This is because the computer making the phone calls is working to determine if it is dealing with an answering machine or a person, so it can respond accordingly. Please be sure to take a few extra seconds to listen or say hello before hanging up or deleting a voice mail message — otherwise you may miss the announcement. This may also be a problem with answering machines set to disconnect when there is not an immediate response after the beep.
- Extension and beeper numbers cannot be recognized by the system so please list only numbers where a person or answering machine will be contacted.
Coordinate Child Pickup
It will be important for parents to coordinate the child pick up with each other since the phone blast will automatically try to reach both parents. Additionally, you will be receiving the messages regardless of what day your child regularly attends. This will ensure that all children are accounted for and will also help keep all parents informed of current situations. Early closing messages will always contain information on where and when to pick up your child.
School Closings and Delays
School closings and opening delay messages will be sent to only home phone numbers, since these calls will occur either before or after Calvary CDC hours. School closing messages will always contain the phone number for parents to call for future updates (704-341-5361 or 704-341-5335). Additionally, every effort will be made to announce closings and delays on WBTV (channel 3), WCNC (channel 6), and WSOC (channel 9) as Calvary Child Development Center or Calvary CDC. Closings and delays will also be posted on this website.
Please be assured that in the event of any emergency, whether you are reached by the emergency phone blast or not, you child will be protected and cared for while we attempt to reach you in person. Thank you for your assistance in helping us to keep your children safe.